05 March, 2007

Synchronicity

The following comment appeared the other day relating to an old, old post. Go see The Colorspeaker here. It is a small world, and an even smaller cyber world!

"hi Casey, I am "the Colospeaker,"
AKA, Julianne Richards. Funnily enough, I never saw your generous comment until a friend of mine told me about it, but just this past weekend, i was admiring your work, and then today my friend told me your name and i realized you were the same artist i had been looking at all weekend! What a coincidence! If there is such a thing... thank you so much, I will put a link to your site on my blog. Happy painting, write anytime.
the Colorspeaker"

Little things like this keep one going. I am trying to get three more Italian Landscapes to the photog., and put together a couple packets. One for the local gallery and one for the PSA slide registry. Meanwhile, the whole family has been suffering from the flu.
Never a dull moment, the artist's life...

2 comments:

Robyn Sinclair said...

First your paintings of Italy, then those beautiful photos of your trays of pastels got me interested and now there is a class on WetCanvas - so I bought my first pastels today. I hold you personally responsible, Casey.

Casey Klahn said...

I wonder which brands you have available in Italy? I assume you shop in Florence.
I have pastels that originate in Germany, the U.K., France and Japan, and of course, the USA. I even make some of my own at home.
But, it surprises me that I haven't seen a brand exported from Italia.
An interesting side note. we pastellists always crow about the portraits that hang in Venetian buildings that are 500 year old pastels - as bright as they were when first made.
That says something, given the environment, there.

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism