Five fairs in the summer time isn't a very big schedule, since a number of the artists I know do twenty plus and travel south in the winter months to do the Southern California, New Mexico and Arizona circuit. I try to keep it to high quality fairs and local ones, but I am also limiting myself to the Western region. It's a daddy thing.
Most of my fairs only show original fine art and represent a great opportunity for art patrons to meet artists directly. Also, how many times a year can you visit one man shows at the downtown galleries? At the art fair, you are viewing dozens of one man shows at the same venue.
My 2007 fair schedule is as follows:
- Spokane, Washington ArtFest, June 1-3 Link
- Edmonds, Washington Arts Festival (new for me), June 15-17 Link
- Bellevue, Washington Arts Museum ArtsFair, July 27-29 Link
- Park City, Utah Kimball Arts Festival, August 4, 5 Link
- Sun Valley, Idaho SV Center Arts & Crafts Festival (new for me), August 10-12 Link
I will be painting some new works that are inspired by a plein air work that I did of a neighbor's farm. They involve the barn relating to white outbuildings, and explore (so far) red and violet color fields. I also continue to present trees that focus on blue and yellow.
I often show a body of about 40 - 50 + works in the $300 and up ranges.