30 August, 2007

New Tagline

The Colorist
New School Use of Color
Casey Klahn

Your responses are requested. I am re-tooling and re-working my website, and this collage resulted in an effort to post a descriptive image of my blog. The word "Artspeak" in the old tag line was a stumbler for many - especially because I use a lot of artspeak, myself!

Anyway, the goal has been to communicate my art philosophy in process. The less "wordy', the better, I feel. What are your critiques of the collage, and of the tag line: "New School Use of Color"

3 comments:

jafabrit said...

I really like it, is says a lot without words :) but I am not sure about the grey box with the yellow in it. I am going to have to stare at it a bit more. Something about it bothers me and I can't put my finger on it.

Casey Klahn said...

Thanks for looking in, Corrine.
I meant the Yellow Gesture abstract as a base color work against a fairly popped-out background detail from another abstract work.
I do agree it sort of sits there with some kind of contextual problem, though...
Now that I have the graphic in hand, I can mess with different images in there.
Good crit.

Casey Klahn said...

One thing I do like in this image is the white borders that stand out against the background.
Still looking for another one like that...

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism