This post will be my selection of Jackson Pollock links.
This blog receives an inordinate amount of traffic from the query: Jackson Pollock. Aside from an entertaining study I did about this key light of the Abstractionists, I have to admit that I haven't got much really meaty or original content about him here at The Colorist. Not, at least, of any academic value.
But, for the good of the cause, I will aggregate some research here about Jackson Pollock. Then, the numerous college students who find my site can get on with their studies. By the way, I have been heartened by the otherwise non-Pollock attention that students have paid to The Colorist. Maybe there is some original content in here after all!
Jackson Pollock Research:
- New York Times On Topic for Jackson Pollock-Link. Best to read the NYT if you value critics that use words like "inimitability". Otherwise, follow their Jackson Pollock Navigator until you find an article that makes some sense.
- My dated post on the topic of Jackson Pollock links.
- Squidoo Lens on Pollock.
- MoMA Collection of Pollocks. Link. From the NYT list, but I'll put it here as an important collection.
- The Art News Blog lists these links for Pollock.
- The Pollock-Krasner House.
- Pollocksthebollocks is a blog with a base in Abstract Expressionism.
- The movie about Jackson Pollock has certainly pushed forward his star in the public conscience. My review is found here.
- There is an interesting video legacy of the drip painter which may do much for his posterity as we go further into this digital age. Hans Namuth and Paul Falkenberg.
- Jackson Pollock Unauthorized. Looks like bootleg prints, but some good info, too.
You can't get through Pollock without visiting Abstract Expressionism.
- Here are my posts on the topic.
- I recommend the Wikipedia post on the topic.
- This book, Taschen's Abstract Expressionism, by Barbara Hess, is a good pictorial analysis, by artist, of the great American movement.
- A dated Wordpress blog with some nice AE references.
And the inimitable Clement Greenberg requires some study if you want to cover JP correctly:
- Art Czar: The Rise and Fall of Clement Greenberg, Marquis. Did CB invent Modern Art? Read this new bio for extra, extra credit.
- I see my local Portland Art Museum has the significant collection of Clement Greenberg's catalogs and private art collection. Wow.
- Official CG site.