30 July, 2008

Bits



Here is a post with little bits of new things that I encountered at the Bellevue Fair last weekend. Since it is paramount that I catch up on sleep, and get reorganized here at the studio, I'll give you the random thoughts now, and coherent "lessons" later.

In the category of Art Blogs in Washington State, at the fair I was happy to meet Jennifer Phillips of Seattle who blogs here. Her tonal landscapes are a breath of fresh air. They present a living scape of trees and field's edges where you'd like to be. Beautiful works.

Also met was Deborah Burns, who blogs for art retailer Daniel Smith, of Seattle. Nothing beats a visit to this large box retailer, especially for a huge selection of paper and a fine selection of pastels. I give them kudos for their drawing department and their workshop program. Their popular catalog is a resource of art materials instruction that I have benefited from many times, and their website has much of this instructional content as well. See the new blog here, although Deborah informs me that it is in beta stage, and that she will be transferring the blog to a private server that is not blogspot.
Deborah is a former store manager at DS, and an arts promoter extraordinaire in the Seattle area.

Next: Lessons learned from Michael Monroe at the ArtsFair. And, I plan to give some linkage to the pastelists who show at the fair.

No comments:

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism