If you haven't noticed, I am posting daily for a month. Tracy Helgeson did this recently, and I am now up to the challenge. Since May 11th., I have posted about all things that interest me, as well as some of my new River Series works. More of those to follow soon, as I actually have eleven photographed.
I picked up Andrew Wyeth, Memory & Magic, Knutson, 2008, at a bookstore today. I was challenged by Wyeth's recent art (which I saw in a few of his obituary articles), and am interested in his view of things.
Some thoughts from this collection of art and essays are:
- I like Wyeth's very spare take on waterways.
- His usage of black and white paint is interesting.
- I have much to learn from his subject choices.
- Wyeth's vision hangs together well.
- Wyeth is an important American painter, in my opinion.
- His rendering of the grass and ground is very intriguing - he often has a pathway like a deer trail running through.
Bookmark The Colorist to follow my month of daily posts.