18 June, 2009

Beach Bits

Photo: Lorie Klahn


I love the beach.

Yesterday I set up and painted from my Guerrilla ThumBox. I had to contend with the tripod, pad of paper, mid-sized box of pastels, etc. I was lucky that I didn't have to put up my new umbrella as the sun angled just right to shade my paper. And, the wind cooperated.

It was a success just to get out and up. Not to mention I really liked the results. I will see what I can do to get a photo and post it. Maybe a sunlight set-up, we'll see.

2 comments:

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

The beach is one of my favorite subjects, too. You handle the challenges of water, reflections, wind, clouds... you handle it all beautifully. I'll keep looking!

Casey Klahn said...

Thanks you for the compliment, Katherine. Also, thanks for reading here.

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism