06 May, 2012

The Subject Bucket List


Violet Mountain
3.5" x 3.75"
Pastel
Casey Klahn
l


Because of my personal history with the mountains and mountaineering, it has been my hip-pocket goal to do a series of alpine scenes. I wonder when I'll start that project?

Currently I am working on Bainbridge Island scenes, and have begun to do barn interiors.  About a year ago I started the shoulders of the butte series.  Then, the Hoquiam River series is ongoing. Also on my plate for the near term are some plein air works.  Oh, don't forget Italy - I am revisiting my old Italy pastels to re-imagine them, and also pouring over old photos I took there.  The other day I took a "drive around" the Florentine hills via Street View, and might try to do some practice works from that.  Then, there is my return to doing figures.

Do I have enough subject matter to work with?


5 comments:

Karin Goeppert and Kenneth Burns said...

Will you sleep too once in a while? :-))))

Casey Klahn said...

LOL. As a matter of fact, I did lose sleep last night.

Brian McGurgan said...

This is beautiful, Casey. I like the lost edges and the sense of looking up at mountains of an enormous scale - all the more impressive for the tiny scale you worked at here.

juliefordoliver.blogspot.com said...

Powerful and emotional.

Casey Klahn said...

Hi, Brian! Many thanks. Thanks, Julie!

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism