30 October, 2012

Video Killed the Radio Star

I just thought of that eighties song because of how video has become the new currency in social media.  Instead of "radio star," you might insert "artist blogger." This new emphasis on video is a bit intimidating, since most of us don't have a degree in videography. 




All that to say that while I am happy with most of my videos, this particular one is only so-so.  Live and learn.  What don't I like?  It has too much "Casey Klahn" at the start.  If you can get past that, please enjoy the pastel and the really generous words by Jackie Simmonds.

Speaking of learning, there were four artists in my remote and rural studio yesterday watching me do a demo, and then accepting critiques of their work done in class.  It was too blustery to go outside, but they found views through the windows.  That makes me realize what a blessing it is to have a commanding view right here.  God is good.

Other videos.

Fall Foliage demo on the easel.  Not quite finished yet.


5 comments:

Karin Goeppert and Kenneth Burns said...

From what I can see I love the Fall Foliage painting. It has so much energy. I am looking forward to seeing the finished painting. Please don't forget to post it.

Casey Klahn said...

Many thanks, Karin - I think I finished it today and will show and tell soon.

Adam Cope said...

hiya casey :-)

u also need hi-speed internet connection to upload... etc.


videos on u tube follows on as another form watching telly...

create well

adam

Karin Goeppert and Kenneth Burns said...

I am looking forward to it.

Casey Klahn said...

I will try to get my photographer busy! Hi, Adam! Your read is correct - we are watching The Avengers (British) and The Muppets on You Tube, using my digi projector from the studio, and shone on a big white foam board as TV. It is wholesome and fun!

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism