29 July, 2014

Getting on the Airplane






Please allow me these moments of glee as I get ready to board the plane for Europe. The brief is that I will be teaching a workshop above the Arctic Circle, in Lapland. I'm afraid I couldn't find any hip Beatles songs about that experience, but since I will be adding a side trip to Russia, Back will do just fine.

Stay tuned here for photos and updates about the workshop in Kemijärvi , Finland, and I'll be creating and posting some pastels as well. I have an affinity for places in the north, and am really looking forward to seeing this delightful and remote corner of Europe. 

Back in the, er.., Russia, I just clued-in that St. Petersburg is known as the Venice of the North. I want to see the big Matisse paintings held there, and maybe I'll get to play Sargent as best I'm able, and paint some canal scenes, too. 

For the more playful, here is the Beatles illustrated trip to Russia. Couldn't help myself.





1 comment:

Ken Elliott said...

Congratulations on the grand adventure. Light them up with your knowledge -) I know you will.

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism