07 March, 2008

Paper it Over


If you aren't subscribed to Pastel yet, here's a heads up that the Five for Friday post is up, and we're discussing paper.

Doctor says things are going fine with my post-op recovery. I can taper the narcotic meds, and my body just has to break up a big hematoma. It's about the size of a small cell phone (hello!) and takes energy for my body to resolve.

The good news, at least, is that I won't be hampered by the meds in the studio. Maybe some art will begin to flow again. I think I'll start back with the Wolf Kahn project to loosen up, but I have a commission and an alternate-venue hanging to get done, and those are for big works. Luckily, I finally figured out how to mount my new easel on the wall so I can do full sheet works, now.

4 comments:

Yellow said...

I really do wish you a speedy recovery. My health is something I take for granted. You have looked so poorly in the photos you've posted. I'm sending prayers (hope you don't mind) and hugs in your direction every time I visit you here.

Casey Klahn said...

Thanks, Yellow! Prayers are appreciated.

I am trying to resolve some pains with these operations (man things), and may have done so with two different "pain sets". It's only after I get some headway that I look back and say, "that pain cost me lots of energy on a daily basis!"

Yesterday I was in the studio. That's a step forward, I am happy to report.

Making A Mark said...

Good to hear that you're getting there - these things just take their own sweet time.

Casey Klahn said...

Yes, Katherine, they certainly do. Now that I' "back in the saddle," I am having tough days. But, I am back at the art!

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism