22 December, 2010

I'll Post It Again This Year Since It Has Become My Favorite Hymn Video




In the bleak midwinter, frosty wind made moan,
Earth stood hard as iron, water like a stone;
Snow had fallen, snow on snow, snow on snow,
In the bleak midwinter, long ago.
Our God, Heaven cannot hold Him, nor earth sustain;
Heaven and earth shall flee away when He comes to reign.
In the bleak midwinter a stable place sufficed
The Lord God Almighty, Jesus Christ.
Enough for Him, whom cherubim, worship night and day,
Breastful of milk, and a mangerful of hay;
Enough for Him, whom angels fall before,
The ox and ass and camel which adore.
Angels and archangels may have gathered there,
Cherubim and seraphim thronged the air;
But His mother only, in her maiden bliss,
Worshipped the beloved with a kiss.
What can I give Him, poor as I am?
If I were a shepherd, I would bring a lamb;
If I were a Wise Man, I would do my part;
Yet what I can I give Him: give my heart.

Verses: Rossetti; Music: Cranham, Holst.


13 comments:

Celeste Bergin said...

Wow...that was beautiful! Thanks for sharing it.

Katherine van Schoonhoven said...

Thanks for sharing this. Loved the mother kissing her baby's sweet head. Merry Christmas.

Jeanette Jobson said...

Beautiful music and one of the classics that I love. THank you.

Merry Christmas.

Casey Klahn said...

Celeste, Kvan & Jeanette - glad you found it. Up until last year, I had never heard this song!

www.kunsthafen.blogspot.com said...

I wish you Merry Christmas!

Casey Klahn said...

Zoltan Gal, in Hungary, greetings and Merry Christmas.

Kim Rempel said...

Yes - a BEAUTIFUL hymn. Always one of my favourites. Do you know the version by Jane Siberry, Holly Cole et al? Also quite beautiful. And Sarah Mclachlan's too. Thanks for posting.

Kim Rempel said...

Yes - a BEAUTIFUL hymn. I just keep replaying the part where the mother kisses the baby's head. If you watch closely look at the expression the baby makes after that kiss. That's what love does : ))) Always one of my favourite hymns. Do you know the version by Jane Siberry, Holly Cole et al? Also quite beautiful. Thanks for posting.

Casey Klahn said...

Glad you love the hymn.vid like I do, Kim.

I kept posting new vids, but returned to this one for a post - couldn't help myself.

Joys and blessings,

KC

loriann signori said...

A beautiful hymm Casey. A very Merry Christmas to the Klahn clan!

Casey Klahn said...

Ho, ho, ho. Marry Christmas, Loriann!

The same blessings to you and yours. Stay safe and warm on your travels.

-Don said...

Beautiful, Casey! Thank you for sharing.

Merry Christmas!

-Don

Casey Klahn said...

Merry Christmas, Don.

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism