12 June, 2011

Katherine's Studio Hosts My Workshop

"I Use Matisse's Method.  Matisse Said, 'I Have No Method.'"

I am teaching a small group of Portland area artists in Katherine van Schoonhoven's beautiful studio.  Kvan lives in Battleground, WA, and she blogs at Art and Music. We share a love for abstraction in the landscape, and she posts about the workshop here.

It took some courage to begin a fresh work for my demo, which was of a subject viewed in the Columbia Gorge on my drive over from eastern Washington.  Luckily, I was pleased with the results.  Whew.


Photo Credit:  Katherine van Schoonhoven.

7 comments:

Cmichaudart said...

wish i were there...I coould use a little inspiration today (sigh)...

Celeste Bergin said...

What fun! I bet the participants are very happy having you for an instructor.
..........can we see your demonstration painting?

SamArtDog said...

Ya, can we? Please?

Brian McGurgan said...

Wish I could have been there, too, Casey - I'm sure it was a great experience for the participants and I'll bet you enjoyed it as well. Looking forward to seeing the demo painting.

Suzanne said...

Thank you ,Casey! It was a fun workshop and a bit of a stretch for me to actually simplify in that last painting.
I'll be following along with your blog.

Casey Klahn said...

Great to have you commenting, Suzanne!

Casey Klahn said...

I may have some photos around here of the demo, but it will be a couple of days before I have one of the finished work - thanks for comments, Cindy, Brian, Celeste, and Sam!!!

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism