21 December, 2012

Christmas is Upon Us



For those who didn't see this holiday greeting card a few weeks ago, here it is again.  I offer you warm wishes, and I pray you have good health and hope you will take time to rest and reflect.

The image in the card is an interior scene of my barn.  Speaking of which, I have started a Facebook page painting challenge and have offered a photo of the barn in winter snow as the subject.  It has taken off and looks to be very fun.  You are all invited to give it a go, and I think the deadline will be Jan. 15th, 2013. Paint the Barn in Winter.

This was my review of my art year in the form of my favorite 12 works of 2012.

I always enjoy examples of courage, and the soloist in the video below is a youngster whose poise and talent burn strong.  Gives me hope for a better world.
  




4 comments:

Jo Murray said...

Thank you Casey for the delightful choir, and the challenge...not to mention your Christmas wishes.

Faith makes all things possible,
Hope makes all things work,
Love makes all things beautiful.
May you have all three for this Christmas!
Merry Christmas!

Casey Klahn said...

Very wonderful greeting, Jo! I will remember that one.

Blessings.

art by Michael Perchard said...

Good morning Casey!
I am happy I found your wonderful blog full of beautiful very colorful works of art!
I love your favorite 12 works of 2012! I am currently reintroducing more color to my work and your spectacular pieces are very motivational!
I will be back again soon!
Take care and paint on!
Your newest art buddy,
Michael

Casey Klahn said...

Really happy to meet you, Michael. I am trying to reintroduce color in my works, as well (no kidding!)

I am now following at your blog.

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism