12 December, 2007

Winter Wonderland

The Studio in Snow, Looking North

The new studio, as seen in the snow, with the long road going north into wilderness. Sort of a metaphor, huh? With the main room floor to finish, the skirting to add, an awning or porch for this back door, and uncounted other tasks ahead, will I ever find my pace at being an artist in this new space?

Stay tuned for interior shots in the next few days. The main room, or studio proper, is getting a new floor as the original one had some water damage. Not to mention the green shag carpet that I got rid of. I'm doing it myself, and getting that boy level is a fussy job.

Nothing at all would've happened on the trailer-studio without my father-in-law and brother-in-law, who live close and farm wheat. Farmers, in case you didn't know it, can do anything they need to with machinery and tools. Gotta love that. And I am appreciative, too.

2 comments:

Lisa B. said...

This is a fabulous idea! No contractors, no mess, and semi-tractor portable. I want one.

P.S. If it's plumbed, be sure to wrap the water pipes with heat tape.

Casey Klahn said...

Plumbing? What's that?

Just kidding. This photo shows the old site of an outhouse, to the left of and behind that lamp post. We may move it back temporarily, but the plumbing is being laid for a later installation.

Abstract Expressionism, Art Criticism, Artists, Colorist Art, Drawing, History, Impressionism, Modern Art, Painting, Pastel, Post Impressionism